Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Birds of the Neighborhood

This time of year as we begin the last month of winter, we usually encounter the greatest variety of birds in our neighborhood as migratory birds, those in transit or returning home, mingle with the wintering birds. The return of summer birds in our vicinity is the first sign that the great bird migration northward is under way, some from as far as the southern hemisphere. For now, I’ve still got birds in my head so I’ve been testing the capabilities of my Canon SX20is in regards to bird photography. With this camera, the key to good sharp photographs appears to be bright sunlight, getting as close as possible, a steady hand, and a cooperative bird. Click on the link below to view all the pictures in PICASA. My images only show a small fraction of the birds in the area.
From Birds of the Neighborhood

No comments: