Friday, August 29, 2008

Japan, Ready or Not

It’s hard to believe that a year as passed since I was invited to do a self-contained bike tour in Japan. How I’ll be taking off in less than a week on Sept 4th. I’ll spend two months touring Japan with friends Jay and Geno along with Jay's son Andrew and his friend Korey returning on November 4th, 2008. We’ll fly into Tokyo and catch a ferry to the northern most island of Hokkaido and begin our tour. Although we have a planned route which also encompasses the islands of Honshu, Shikoku, and Kyushu, we do not have a specific time table for a final destination. Our tour will conclude when our allotted time of two month is at its end. I do have a small portable PC so I plan to update this blog and my Pbase picture site if all goes well. One thing I’ve learned from my cross-country bike tour in the spring is that PC access, internet connections, and available time can make blog updates a real challenge while on the road. We’ll see how it goes. Use the link below to see all the pictures.
Link to Photo Album: Japan Ready or Not

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great trip Guys ! You may be templed out but in Tokyo the Sengakuji Temple which contains the tombs of the 47 Ronin is definitely worth a visit.They were Japan's most famous true Samurai story.The temple is about 15 minutes walk from the Shinagawa Train Station which is a stop on the Yamanote Line which circles Tokyo. Jerry Adams