Monday, May 16, 2011

Amgen Tour of California: Race Day at the State Capitol

It's race day at the State Capitol and the skies are threatening rain. Given that we've had a very wet winter, I'm not surprised! At the last minute, I decided to head downtown to see what I could see, rain or not. Perhaps it's the weather, but there appeared to be less attendees than previous years. Due to the late hour of my departure, I did not have to wait long before the peloton arrived to complete three laps around downtown and the State Capitol. I managed to get some pictures before Britain's Ben Swift of Team Sky Procycling won the shorten stage riding a Pinarello. Cervelo, where are you! It appears the bad weather in the mountains forced Amgen TOC officials to start Stage 2 from Nevada City rather than Squaw Valley near Lake Tahoe. Click on the link below to view all the pictures in PICASA.
From Amgen TOC: Race Day

No comments: