Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Exploring Anza Borrego

Geno, Mike and I join the Sac Wheelmen for four days of bike riding in Anza Borrego State Park. This is the club's annual Borrego Springs Zodiac, part of their series of multi-day bike rides away from Sacramento. It gives club members an opportunity to ride different regions under an organize club ride atmosphere. In all, I rode a total of about 180 miles in 4 days. The hardest climb was up Montezuma Valley Rd which was a 3,600 feet ascent over 11 miles. Geno, Mike and I concluded the riding with hikes to the Palm Canyon Oasis and the Slot Canyon before heading home. There's a lot to explore at Anza Borrego State Park so I plan to return with Kay in the future. Click on the link below to view all my pictures in PICASA.
From Borrego Springs Zodiac 2010

No comments: