Monday, April 30, 2012

Canon S100

My Canon Powershot A720 IS after tens of thousand of pictures, much of it while bicycle touring, is starting to malfunction so I decided to purchase the Canon S100, a model I have eyeing since reading about its earlier variations, the S90 and S95. The reviews on these compact pocketable models have always been excellent and now Canon has finally decided to add the 24mm to 120mm zoom to its latest version. The 24mm feature with an F Stop of F2.0 to F5.9, depending on the focal length, was the decision point for me. I haven't done any technical lab tests like some websites, but I am very pleased with the pictures results so far. Click on the picture below to go to my pictures on Picasa, which I have uploaded with full pixels incase anyone wants a closer look. I'm impressed given its small size which easily stows in my pocket.

No comments: