Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Visiting the Great Barrier Reef

I'll start by saying all the pictures in this post are not mine. They were taken from the Internet since I did not shoot any pictures during our time out on the Great Barrier Reef. Instead, I was in the water snorkeling all day except for a lunch break. I used these pictures from the Internet because I wanted to show something of our experience. Highlight of the day was an hour long guided snorkeling adventure beyond the barriers surrounding the platform. Great fun!


The ferry ride from Cairns to the platform out on the reef took one and a half hours.


Platform on the reef


Staging area and lunch dining room on the platform run by Reef Magic Cruises.


It was as beautiful as these pictures which represents only a fraction of what I saw.















No comments: