Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Update from France

I'm in La Chausse near Blois staying at the home of a friend of Shirl's, Christiane, where we'll take our first rest day after 7 nights of camping. The tour, as you might have guess for me, has been wonderful and beyond anything I might have imagined. After disembarking the overnight ferry, which had all the amenities and accommodations we needed and more, we rode south for 3 days over rolling terrain through farmland, open countryside, historic cities and small villages to reach the Eurovelo 6 bike path along the Loire River. It took 5 days to reach Blois riding in and out along the Loire River visiting the cities like Angers and Tours as well as numerous other smaller cities and villages. Often we would try to stop for a midday 'meal of the day' since dinner was more of a guess as to whether we'll find any services near our camp. The language has been difficult for me but I'm attempting to learn some French so I can manage a little on my own which is a necessity. Otherwise, all is well regardless of the record heat and humidity the past 3 to 4 days. Cooler today thank goodness! I have not been able to get any data service locally so future updates will be dependent upon wifi which is also difficult to find. Wish us luck since the pre-planned portion of our tour has concluded. The balance of the tour will be decide on the road. Au Revoir. Herb

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: